Thursday, October 16, 2014

Revist to a Favorite Place in Portland, Oregon

This image is simply entitled "The Tree" because as I was shooting it, literally everyone walking by asked me if this was "The Tree"...



This composition was captured in the Japanese Garden in Portland, Oregon late last April 2014 and it is a short exposure for me, but very colorful as the tree was wearing its spring colors...

Btw, this is a repost of this image of mine here on FB...I wanted to refresh it for the reason that I will be revisiting this exact spot this weekend (October 17-20) and try for a composition almost identical except in colors as the tree foilage will be more brilliant red instead of soft orange as it was on the spring...

This particular composition of this tiny-in-statue little Japanese maple tree was made famous by another famous Aussie photog we all know and love to whom my photography often gets compared ;)

Hope you enjoy viewing this image; it is definitely one of my personal favorites of all time, and I hope to "one-up" it this weekend...

Settings: ISO-50, 18mm at f/8 for 1/6th sec...using two .75 ND grad filters inverted to each other to bring the center of the exposure out and the rest down 2.5 stops...

peace,
D. "Bodhi"

No comments:

Post a Comment